As you may have noted, we have departed from the tentative schedule on the syllabus. We have six weeks of class left, so we are going to have to cut a few things from the original schedule. For now, the plan is to follow something like this updated schedule:
- Week of 3/19: Finish Chapter 2 of Word and Object; start Kripke, Wittgenstein on Rules and Private Language (exceprts).
- Week of 3/26: Selections from Kripke, Wittgenstein on Rules and Private Language; Quine, ‘Reference and Modality’.
- Week of 4/2: Kripke Naming and Necessity (no class on Wednesday, 4/4).
- Week of 4/9: Kripke, Naming and Necessity.
- Week of 4/16: Kripke, Naming and Necessity; Lewis, On the Plurality of Worlds
- Week of 4/23: Lewis, On the Plurality of Worlds.