Most of the links below will take you directly to the electronic version of the paper or book chapter. In order to access those from an off-campus location, you may need to use your library proxy server. To use the UMass Libraries one, simply drag this link to your bookmarks folder (for instructions see here).
If you have any trouble accessing the readings, please contact one of us.
Readings for 9/9
- Kelly, ‘Epistemic rationality as instrumental rationality: a critique’
- Kornblith, ‘Epistemic normativity’
Readings for 9/16
Catherine Elgin visits the seminar
Readings for 9/23
Readings for 9/30
- Kolodny, ‘How does coherence matter?’
Readings for 10/7
- Berker, ‘The rejection of epistemic consequentialism’
- Berker, ‘Epistemic teleology and the separateness of propositions’ (Optional)
Readings for 10/15
Note that this meeting is on a Tuesday.
- Stalnaker, ‘Epistemic Consequentialism’
Readings for 10/21
Readings for 10/28
- Joyce, ‘Acuracy and coherence’, sections 1-8.
Readings for 11/4
- Joyce, ‘Accuracy and coherence’, sections 9-12.
- Pettigrew, ‘Epistemic Utility and Norms for Credences’
Readings for 11/13
Mike Caie visits the seminar. Note that this meeting is on a Wednesday.
Readings for 11/18
- Greaves, ‘Epistemic Decision Theory’