I’ve added three extra credit assignments to the Moodle site. Each one of them will help you writing a better paper, so don’t miss out on the opportunity!
The topics for the final paper are now on the Moodle site. Please take a look before our next meeting. I will then answer any questions about the paper in class.
I’ve posted the slides from our meetings on 10/8, 10/10, and 10/22. I have also posted the study questions for your convenience. All of that (and more!) on the Moodle site.
A few things:
- The second exam is on Tuesday, 11/19. The exam will have the same structure as the first exam. I will announce four essay questions, from which I will choose one, on Thursday.
- If you have not done so, I recommend you re-read Lewis’ ‘Mad Pain and Martian Pain’.
- For Thursday, please read Block’s ‘Troubles with Functionalism’ (Chalmers).
For Thursday, you should feel free to read either one of the two Lewis readings on the schedule. The Kim reading is optional.
There’s a new quiz for you to take on the Moodle site. Make sure you re-read Dretske’s paper before taking it. You will have 20 minutes to complete the quiz. You have until Friday at 5pm to complete it.
Also, on Thursday we will finish up our discussion of Dretske before moving on to discuss the assigned reading for that day.
There’s been a minor update to the reading schedule, as announced in class last Thursday.
Let me know if you have any questions.
The Turing Machine simulator we use in class last week is available here. Check it out!
First, the reading schedule has been updated. Let me know if you have any questions about that.
Second, the second exam will take place on Tuesday 11/19 (and not on Thursday 11/14, as originally planned). I will update the course calendar accordingly.
Third, I am going to try an experiment. For the next few meetings, I will put up the slides for each class on the Moodle website. This will allow you to review them after class in case you need to. The slides from today’s class are available here.
A few things:
- There will be no class on Thursday, 10/24.
- For similar reasons, I will not be holding office hours on Thursday, 10/24.
- However, I will be holding office hours tomorrow from 10.45 until 12, in the usual place.
- Finally, if it is not too inconvenient, please bring your laptop with you to class tomorrow.